A Fade Cottage by Diann Shaddox aÂ Quaid Witherspoonâ€™s journal of only two weeks
Diann, where are you from?
- If you could travel to any time in history, when would you visit?
- Iâ€™d love to visit the late 1800â€™s. My next book is â€œMirandaâ€ and it is set in the late 1800â€™s.
- If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would be? So many books, so many characters, but in my book â€œA Faded Cottageâ€ it would have to be Quaid Witherspoon.
- What food would you serve? I would serve a southern meal of fried chicken, mash potatoes, gravy, and fresh homemade peach cobbler.
- If you could travel anywhere, on earth or off, where would you go? Iâ€™d love to go to Greece to do some more research on my novel, â€œLegend of the Diaries.â€
- Describe your dream writing spot. My dream writing spot is sitting on a porch that overlooks the beach and ocean.
- How did you find enough commitment to complete your book? Iâ€™m able to finish writing my books in a week or two; itâ€™s the rewrites that take longer.
- What is the name of your book? I have two books published and about 16 more novels to publish in the future. â€œA Faded Cottageâ€ a Momâ€™s Choice Award Honoree, is a SC Christmas love story and it is Quaid Witherspoonâ€™s journal of only two weeks.
- Give us a back blurb of your bookÂ A Faded Cottage
When a love letter written by a teenage boy becomes lost after a summer filled with passion, it brings about an incredible love story of two people being reunited, after thirty years.
WhenÂ Essential Tremors take overÂ a famous artistâ€™sÂ body,Â a simple feat of holding a paintbrush turns Quaid Witherspoonâ€™s life upside down, becoming a bitter man. This is his journal of how he battles fate, not of his entire life, but of two weeks.Â Quaid had everything money could buy, except the two things he loved the most, his love of painting great masterpieces, and the only woman he had ever loved.Â The calming waters off the coast of South Carolina calls Quaid back to Hathaway Cove, to a small, faded cottage, one with a leaning front porch, worn paint so similar to him, flawed. The same beach where he began painting as a young boy, the place he met his one true love, and the place he let her go.
Sandy, Quaidâ€™s love from his past, learns he is wondering about her, just as she is wondering about him. Their love is alive, meeting for the first time in thirty years, letting the years fade away, but fate has another twist. Sandy keeps a secret, letting them have their two weeks.
What if you were able to relive your life and rediscover you teenage loveâ€¦ Would you?
- What kind of research did you do for this book?
- I didnâ€™t do any research for â€œA Faded Cottageâ€ because just as the main character I have Essential Tremor. Most of my novels have intense research, but â€œA Faded Cottageâ€ is an easy beach read that blends fiction with non-fiction.
- Any special appearances or events coming up that you want to mention? Iâ€™m also the founder of the Diann Shaddox Foundation.Â DSF Is A Non-Profit 501c(3) Our mission is to provide education, bring awareness & donate funds for research to doctors to find a cure for movement disorderslike Essential Tremor. We are in a huge campaign to raise over $50,000 in 60 days on Indiegogo. 100% of the sales of all my books go to DSF.
- What a great cause, Diann. Where can we find your books?
Best Regards Diann Shaddox Founder of Diann Shaddox Foundation
Our best to you too, Diann.
Tags: Diann Shaddox, Diann Shaddox Foundation, DSF, easy beach read, Essential Tremor, fiction, Indiegogo, Legend of the Diaries, love story, Momâ€™s Choice Award Honoree, non-fiction, Quaid Witherspoonâ€™s journal, romance, teenage love