Be a guest on someone elseâ€™s blog or have a guest on your blog. Especially when your book is coming out. You can swap interviews with other authors. Some blog haveÂ many followers but a small blog will give you exposure nonetheless, so don’t worry about it just do it.
- How to find authors. Go to Facebook or google authors and see what comes up. Go visit their sites and befriend them in Facebook. Why Facebook? you can see their friends and many authors have many authors friends and they would love to be interview and hopefully interview you too. Don’t hesitate to ask after their interview airs in your blog if they could interview you. (Especially when your book first comes out.)
- You don’t need to follow others before you ask them for an interview.
- If you chose to fallow them you will find them:
- Facebook, twitter, Linkedin, goodreads, shelfari, Pinterest, Yahoo, and on their blogs.
- Why follow them? Do unto others what you would like done to you. Help them and they will help you. But your main goal is to befriend readers if you are an author.
- Visit other peoples interview and copy some of other authors questions and then make them relevant to the topic that fits your blog.
- Keep a list of questions and answer them according to your expertise or what you want to promote. Then when someone tells you they have never done an interview, you can tell them that you have one handy and can send it to them. This also works for you. Answer the question yourself and you have an interview ready when someone wants to do yours and doesnâ€™t know how.
- Many bloggers struggle to find things to put on their blogs and they would love to have material ready to post.
- Be professional and double edit your interview. No negative talk or bad language.
- Remember to go to the site where the interview is being hosted and make sure you leave a comment that says how thankful you are for being a guest.
- Also go back often, for the duration of the post, to answer any questions the readers have for you. (Some post change every other day others stay up a week.)
- Do not forget to add live links to all the places your book or whatever you want to promote is sold somewhere in the post. (Usually at the end)
- Make sure you tweet the interview and put it on Facebook with a live link, all that time Â the post is up. If you save the link to your interview, no to your host blog, you can useÂ it every so often after that week and send new would be fans to it.
- Be polite, be grateful, but funny. We all needÂ a good laugh.
Tags: author, author interview, blog interview, book promotion, book readers, followers, How to be interview, How to interview people, interview, interview people, promotion, promotions tips, readers, writing