Adam Gowans is the youngest of five Air Force brats, out of which his siblings have voted him the weirdest. He loves anything that deals with stories, including movies, novels, television dramas, music, video games, manga/manhwa, and webtoons.
In his mid-twenties, he lived and taught English in South Korea for four years before returning to the States to live, like many LDS authors, in Utah.
His first novel is On Angelic Wings, which has a planned sequel, but the sequel will be released after two other novels that are calling for his attention.
Ever since magic caused his mother’s death, Ha-Neul, crown prince of Balhae, hates witches and the magic they wield. He has instituted harsh laws against all magic users.
Lisa is a young witch working undercover as a servant in his palace, hoping to gain freedom for her people. The last thing the two expect is to fall in love. But when Ha-Neul learns that Lisa is not only a witch, but the daughter of the Prince of Vires, land of witches, he banishes her. Distracted by heartbreak, he is caught off-guard by a military coup.
In hiding and on the run, Ha-Neul swallows his pride and travels with his siblings to Vires, planning to beg Lisa’s aid, only to learn that she has mysteriously vanished.
Now his only hope in reclaiming his kingdom and reuniting with Lisa lies in the remote Northern Mountains, a country no one has ever penetrated and rumored home of a powerful magic source. There, Ha-Neul learns that a being powerful beyond comprehension has been carefully guiding his destiny. But if Ha-Neul can’t let go of his hatred of all things magic, and accept the new path offered to him, it will mean the destruction of his entire world.
- What is your favorite book that is not yours?
- Pride and Prejudice. I read it once every year.
- Do you write in multiple genres? Which genre is your favorite to write?
- I donâ€™t. Iâ€™m not sure why, but I prefer to write stories with science fiction and fantasy elements, though I do have ideas for an alternate history novel and others that take place here on Earth.
- How young were you when you started writing?
- I started writing in the 8thgrade, so I was fourteen.
- If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be and why?
- I have three, two present and one past. J.K. Rowling, Rainbow Rowell, and Jane Austen
- How long does it take you to write a book, and what was your fastest book to write?
- At least a year or more. Ravenâ€™s Eye took me less than a year to write though.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- Stay indoors as much as possible. Iâ€™m a bit of a homebody, and introvert. I also donâ€™t like the summer temperatures of Utah.
Tags: adult, adventure, Air Force brats, Fantasy, fiction, love story, magic, manga/manhwa, movies, music, novels, pre-teens, romance, Sci Fi/Fantasy/YA, Sci-Fi, teens, television dramas, video games, webtoons, witches, ya, Ya fantasy, young Adult, young adult book, young adults