In 1874, Ivy Steele’s deafness is more than a handicap. It’s a disease. Surrounded by a family that doesn’t understand her, she’s learned to cope and find solace where she can. Then, the unexpected happens. Her aunt dies, and her uncle sends her away to rejoin her father’s family in Montana.Left to fend for herself, after the companion hired to escort her abandons her, sixteen-year-old Ivy faces continual hardship and danger. Several men see an unaccompanied Ivy as a flower ripe for the picking, and things only get worse when masked men hold up their stagecoach.
Barely scraping through, Ivy makes it to Montana with her nerves shaken and what little money she has in her boot. Expecting a peaceful if not affectionate welcome, Ivy finds herself in greater hardship than she’s ever known.
Surrounded by a stepfamily that hates her, and flung into a life where hearing is vital, Ivy finds solace in a handsome cowboy named Remy. But things with her new family are not what they seem. And Ivy is about to find out that the danger she faced on the journey west, has followed her to Montana…
Bethany Swafford dazzles with her stunning young adult debut, introducing a strong heroine, the hardships of frontier life, shocking twists, and a slow-burning romance that will leave you wanting more.
Third place winner of the 2018 Rosemary Award
Top Ten List
Top Ten Favorite Reads of 2018
- Promises and Primroses by Josi S. Kilpack
- My Sisterâ€™s Intended by Rachel Anderson
- The Weaverâ€™s Daughter by Sarah E. Ladd
- Loving Lieutenant Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden
- Murder of Half Moon Gate by Andrea Penrose
- A Dangerous Debut by Wendy May Andrews
- Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey
- A Ladyâ€™s Guide to Etiquette and Murder by Dianne Freeman
- Murder at Ochre Court by Alyssa Maxwell
Tags: adult, adults, Austen, Bethany Swafford, clean reading, fiction, friendship, Georgette Heyer, Historical Fiction, More Than A Review, My Hands Hold My Story, pre-teens, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, sweet romance, teens, winner of the 2018 Rosemary Award, ya, Ya fantasy, YA Historical Fiction, YA romance, young Adult, young adult book, young adults