Posts Tagged ‘adults’
What if Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, and all the other refined gentlemen of Pemberley and beyond were not the genteel and mannered men we saw them to be?Monday, March 23rd, 2020
“Guardian of the Sunshine Bride” by Austin Rehl, a look behind the scenes.
Betrothed Duty Versus Unexpected Love –
ABOUT the BOOK:
– The Bride with Secret Magical Powers –
Princess Kathleen is betrothed to the powerful Prince of Tyath. The arrangement was made when she was just a child.
She is duty bound to save her people from starvation and sees the marriage as her only
option. That is until she meets the S?halt Guardian sent to protect her during her dangerous journey to
the altar. The vigorous guardian steals her first kiss, but will he be able to keep her safe and steal her
– The Warrior with Chiseled Features and Rigid Strength –
Jared spent his childhood in the cold north training to be a S?halt Guardian – the fiercest of protectors.
While seeking revenge for his sister’s death, he sets off a chain of events that endangers the next person
he is ordered to protect. Will one act of vengeance cost him the forbidden love of the Princess he longs
– The Loyal and Handsome Prince Filled with Compassion –
Heathron has managed to become the heir to an empire, but he needs to be married to assume the
throne. Despite all the manipulative efforts of the beautiful, back-stabbing young ladies of the Golden
City, he dreams of the illustrious young girl the met as a child. Will he still love the Princess as secrets
unravel and he discovers the truth about her journey to him with the Warrior?
– The Revenge Seeking Barbarian –
Cedric will stop at nothing to reclaim the ancestral lands of his people and drink from the skull of the
man who killed his father. As he unites his army of ruthless barbarians, Cedric knows that capturing the
Princess is his best chance at securing all his evil desires. Will the Princess survive being a pawn in his dangerous scheme filled with deceit and destruction?
Step into this epic fantasy adventure today!
Austin Rehl lives in beautiful Marietta, Ohio USA. He and his wife Wendy have six wonderful children – three girls and three boys. He enjoys working on the farm, hiking in the woods, and spending time with friends.
He fell in love with the fantasy genre in 7th grade, when he first read J. R. R. Tolkien. Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series, with its strong female characters, also helped to shape Austin’s fantasy style. Creating a wonderful tale of magic and adventure became a lifelong goal. Austin strives to portray the good, the true and the beautiful in his storytelling, while providing a contrast with the darkness and weakness that can also be found in the human heart.
He has published:
Guardian of the Sunshine Bride
Guardian of the Golden City
The third book in his S?halt Series is titled Guardian of the Emerald Coast, and is due out this summer.
My website is https://www.austinrehl.com
Sissy Collet and her siblings have grown up with neglectful parents, impoverished, and bullied by their small townFriday, March 20th, 2020
PUTIN’S USEFUL IDIOT is a ride-along first person, present tense adventure jampacked with danger, passion and humorMonday, March 16th, 2020
Historical Espionage, Romance
1984, Richard Hart lands at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport carrying
a dossier he doesn’t have security clearance to open, a map of
Moscow missing most of the street names, five ten-dollar bills
(probably dyed with invisible ink) and an American Express card.
Acting as a CIA “financial” agent, Hart must close a deal with
the KGB, rig the transaction to produce enough “black money” to
bribe KGB hard-liners to retire, and get out alive. And he only has
Colonel Putin there to help him.
USEFUL IDIOT is about Richard Hart, a self-centered materialist
living in New York City married to a woman half his age, dining out
every night at fancy restaurants and spending his weekends shopping
with his wife at expensive stores like Bergdorf-Goodman, Henri
Bendel, and Gucci. Forced to take an assignment to Moscow, he winds
up in an environment where money is worthless because there is
nothing to buy, food is scarce and for the most part terrible and
even drinking water is impossible to find at times. As he adjusts to
his new environment, he comes to find that his materialistic
viewpoint is selfish, and in fact unnecessary to his happiness, and
as he finds joy in the new friends and relationships he makes, he
transforms toward the collective.
is it all a set-up by his partner in crime V. Putin? Is he just
another Useful Idiot? As a counterpoint, while Hart is evolving in
his social views toward the collective, his Soviet counterparts
evolve toward capitalism because the free markets are coming to the
Soviet Union and everyone is going to need western currency to
survive. Inspired by true events, PUTIN’S USEFUL IDIOT is a
ride-along first person, present tense adventure jampacked with
danger, passion and humor
Kane grew up in the San Fernando Valley north of Los Angeles before
there were freeways. He worked for two US Cabinet Secretaries. His
job was to complete financial transactions in the Soviet Union,
Grenada and Northern Ireland.
Dr. Mark Spencer hasn’t been heard from in years until he suddenly shows up one day. The news he brings… isn’t goodSaturday, March 7th, 2020
They must forge a marriage while battling betrayal, accusations of treason, and villains from the past. Survival depends on their precarious trust in each otherThursday, March 5th, 2020
ABOUT THE BOOK:
- Finding Your Voice is a personal and comprehensive guide for survivors of abuse making the journey toward healing. Led by an author who has walked the path for more than three decades, readers will find encouragement and hope as they move step-by-step to a place of recovery.
- Part memoir, part blueprint for recovery, Finding Your Voice uses a mix of personal anecdotes, accumulated knowledge, expert techniques and good, common sense to help readers navigate a new path in the aftermath of abuse.
- With clear instructions and insightful examples, the author leads the readers through the five stages of healing—built upon the foundation of years of self-help work, therapy and reflection, and the author’s own transformative approach to healing.
WHY IT’S A MUST-READ:
- Finding Your Voice is an amazing resource not only for abuse survivors but for all women who wish to develop a stronger sense of self-worth. Regardless of your life experiences, this book is a wonderful guide to becoming who you want to be.
- Mannette’s empowering and uplifting personal stories combine empathy, practicality, and encouragement. The book is a powerful reminder that no one has to remain a victim of their past.
- With a companion workbook and audiobook available, Finding Your Voice puts the power to heal in your own hands. It’s a comprehensive blueprint guide that offers step-by-step strategies, encouraging personal anecdotes, and easy-to-understand, manageable steps to follow. It includes exercises and questions for self-reflection that prompt readers to think about their own experiences in a way they may not have done in the past.
- This book is unlike other self-help books for survivors. Praised for its unique perspective on healing and breaking the cycle of abuse, the book speaks to not only survivors but to society-at-large.
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR, MANNETTE MORGAN
- Mannette Morgan is a speaker, author, coach, and survivor. She teaches critical skills and techniques to other survivors with her books, workbook, workshops, retreats, and coaching. Her mission is to stop the cycle of abuse and provide survivors with accessibility to healing. She is sharing her inspiring story, research-based strategies, and free resources survivors can use to heal and thrive. . From the emotional and physical abuse as a child to an abusive marriage, Mannette comes from a place of great understanding. She empowers other abuse survivors to find their voice and thrive as they learn to heal their past.
- Instagram: @mannettemorganauthor
- Twitter: @mannettemorgan
- Facebook: @mannettemorganauthor
- “An excellent book which can help not only survivors of abuse, but all women who are feeling like victims. This book has a powerful story with real-time exercises and a workbook that will help walk victims through their healing process and help them become survivors. The journey just begins with the event, the healing is a lifetime.”
- -Library Journal
Despite the threat looming over her, learning to love the stranger she married may pose the greatest danger to her heartFriday, February 14th, 2020
When her parents and twin brother die within weeks of each other, Alicia and her younger sister are left in the hands of an uncle who has brought them all to financial and social ruin. Desperate to save her family from debtor’s prison, Alicia vows to marry the first wealthy man to propose. She meets the dashing Lord Amesbury, and her heart whispers that this is the man she is destined to love, but his tainted past may forever stand in their way. Her choices in potential husbands narrow to either a scarred cripple with the heart of a poet, or a handsome rake with a deadly secret.
Cole Amesbury is tormented by his own ghosts, and believes he is beyond redemption, yet he cannot deny his attraction for the girl whose genuine goodness touches the heart he’d thought long dead. He fears the scars in his soul cut so deeply that he may never be able to offer Alicia a love that is true. When yet another bizarre mishap threatens her life, Alicia suspects the seemingly unrelated accidents that have plagued her loved ones are actually a killer’s attempt to exterminate every member of her family. Despite the threat looming over her, learning to love the stranger she married may pose the greatest danger to her heart. And Cole must protect Alicia from the killer who has been exterminating her family before she is the next target.
This romantic story of loss and betrayal, forgiveness and redemption, and strangers marrying, will leave you laughing, crying, and swooning. Sprinkled liberally with suspense, mystery, and heart-melting kisses, this is not your ordinary historical tale of an arranged marriage nor of redeeming the rakes. Fans of Victorian and Regency Eras as well as those seeking clean and wholesome romance with plenty of chemistry, not to mention the redemptive power of love, will love this story!
Dance with a duke, outwit pirates, save a kingdom, and fall in love. Believe in happily ever after.
The Rogue Hearts Series:
The Stranger She Married
The Guise of a Gentleman
A Perfect Secret
The Suspect’s Daughter
Praise for Donna Hatch:
“Donna Hatch is one of the masters of clean romance with electric tension and smokin’ hot kisses.” ~ Reading is My Super Power Reviews
“Written with heart and depth, Donna Hatch’s books are absolute must-reads for any fan of swoon-worthy historical romance.” ~ Sarah M. Eden, USA Today best-selling historical romance author
Join the Cover Reveal for the 5th book in the Rogue Hearts Series
inter-office relationships are strictly forbidden by Alpine Foods and a co-worker, jealous of Yves’ success, will undermine Yves and Lainey any way he canThursday, February 13th, 2020
Amey loves writing about different places because she grew up moving all around the United States. In her books, she explores the whole world. She is also the author of Baker’s Dozen, a Romantic Suspense Mystery. The Swiss Mishap won a Swoony for 2019’s Best New Adult Contemporary Romance.
She lives with her husband and three children near Austin, TX. Follow her on BookBub @ameyzeigler and sign up for her newsletter at www.ameyzeigler.com
Yves Claremont, a young, ambitious department chair, would sacrifice everything to rise to vice president at Alpine Foods and redeem his father’s name. Impressed with Lainey’s resume and charming determination, Yves offers her an internship in his Pet Care department, promising a recommendation for Chocolate if she does well.
Lainey is drawn to the enigmatic and passionate Yves Claremont. He cannot deny his growing attraction to her. But inter-office relationships are strictly forbidden by Alpine Foods, and a perceptive co-worker, jealous of Yves’ success, will undermine Yves and Lainey any way he can.
Daphne’s trading adventure with her papa into the dangerous city of Nod turned out better than she thought. She found the owner of the beads and a handsome man. Unexpected danger and loss make things difficult for her. When robbers try to force her to give up her secrets, she must make a choice.
…or a new life?
Abandoned Hope is the third of the continuing saga of Lost Children of the Prophet. You’ll love this uplifting story of faith in difficult times.
Get it now.
A sigh escaped. David had found someone to love. Daphne brought them truths about Jehovah in her book, and David loved her. What would David do if, no when Daphne left Nod to return to her home with her papa? He would be lonelier than he was before. Now he would know what he had been missing.
Joyanna turned the page in her sketch book. The two young people sat close together, holding hands. David had declared his love and Daphne returned it. Joyanna could see it, if no one else did. They touched at shoulders and hips. Would their secret make them happy, or it would cause them great sorrow?
“I’ll have to be here for David when she leaves,” Joyanna murmured.