Leah Moyes is from the sunny state of Arizona. She is a wife and a mother, a former teacher, and a coach with a background in Archaeology. She loves popcorn and seafood (though not together) and is slowly checking off her very long bucket list.
Desperate to hide, Kat flees. Now, trapped in time, her survival and return are threatened by her tortured heart.
Ensnared by hopelessness and grief, twenty-four-year-old Kat Shelton accepts a position as the curator of an old English estate with the sole purpose of running away from her memories and to bury life’s pain.
What she finds on her journey is much more than she bargained for—an arrogant employer, patronizing staff, and a chaotic system to name a few. Then to top it all off, an unforeseen tumble down the antiquated cellar steps brings her to a sudden halt.
Waking up in the year 1878, and mistaken for the children’s new governess, Kat scrambles to navigate nineteenth-century British lifestyle and culture. An impossible feat if it weren’t for the help of the Gilford girls and their charming and handsome brother, Merritt.
Will Kat find the strength, love and forgiveness she yearns for in the past? Or will her path bring her back to the reality she fears?
Top Ten List:
1. Navy wife and Army and Coast Guard mom
2. Have 3 amazing, beautiful granddaughters
3. Favorite place to visit, is Salzburg, Austria
4. Hiked to Everest Base Camp last year
5. An archaeology dig in Spain led me to my upcoming novel “Second Survivor”
6. Favorite movie of all time is “The Count of Monte Cristo”
7. Top 3 places I still need to visit on my bucket list are Egypt, Greece, and Peru
8. My Berlin Butterfly Series started from a dream
9. Ate grasshoppers in a cave in Mexico last summer
10. Still addicted to popcorn