- Given unlimited resources, what would be your ideal work/writing environment?Writing in an upstairs room overlooking a private beach with the windows open.
- Where do you actually work/write?On my couch or on my porch. 🙂
- Describe yourself in 50 words or less.Iâ€™m a naturopathic doctor who loves Jesus and is passionate about finding the root cause of illness, and helping others feel healthy enough to live the life they want to live.
- What inspired your book?I didnâ€™t see any other books on the market like it, at least not that specifically addressed the gut.
- How do you spend your free time?I love spending time with friends and family, working out (yoga and running), watching movies (my husband and I have an occasionally contentious movie blog: (estsidehecklers.wordpress.com), reading fiction or nonfiction, studying the Bible, having coffee or a glass of wine after a long dayâ€¦ and I donâ€™t get to do this nearly as often as Iâ€™d like, but I love to travel! We go on 1-3 big trips per year, which is pretty awesome.
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?Start a business (my medical practice)! Was never on my list of goals.
- What is your favorite part of writing?I love the editing processâ€¦ once the words are already on the page, I can massage them into something Iâ€™m proud of.
- 8. Do you have any advice for other writers?Writing is a discipline, like anything else. You might also think of it as a marathon, rather than a quick sprintâ€¦ so you have to pace yourself. Create a routine–whatever works for you–and stick to it.