Â Â Â Devri Walls lives in Meridian ID with her husband, two kids and the cutest must you’ve ever seen. After suffering from an abundance of creativity with not enough places to put it, she turned to writing. Which in the end, turned out to be exactly where she should have been putting it all along. Â Â Â Q&A With The Author:
1.Â Â Â What inspired your book?
Actually, the cover. The art wasÂ done by Claudia McKinney from Phatpuppy art who also did all four of the coversÂ for my first series. I saw the art in her portfolio and knew I wanted to writeÂ this guyâ€™s story! So I bought the image first and wrote around it.
2.Â Â Â How do you spend your free time
I have kids, what is this â€œfreeÂ timeâ€ you speak of?
Iâ€™m a foodie, I love going out to eat. I also love watching shows of all kinds, theater or T.V. Also reading of course.
Connect with the Author here:Â
Tyboltâ€™s a Deviant, a hated race immune to direct magic in a world where Wizards ensure survival. But when he loses his entire family to a spell-made storm he joins an elite group of Wizard hunters, organized beneath the new non-magic wielding king.
Now eighteen, he spends his days capturing Wizards. But the nights are his, reserved to feed the starving villagers of Eriroc under cover of dark. Thereâ€™s always more people in need than he can help, and one of these days heâ€™s going to hang for theft from the royal kitchens. Although Tybolt and his fierce partner, Auriela, have imprisoned many Wizards, the one partially responsible for the storm that killed Tyboltâ€™s family is still out there: Alistair. When an old informant claims to have information regarding their elusive prey, everything changes. In a cruel twist, Tybolt realizes he isn’t who he thought he was at all. How can he save himself, the people, and those he loves while keeping his secrets safe? Can he hide his true nature and allow the corrupt king to remain on the throne? Or will he have to unveil himself and risk possible execution to save them all?
Top Ten List:
1. I canâ€™t wear lipstick without looking like a painted china doll. Seriously guys, it looks ridiculous.
2. I drop pretty much everything I touch.
3. I ruin SO MANY CLOTHES. I spill all the time, itâ€™s a little embarrassing.
4. I love, love, love Thai food.
5. I used to struggle with depression and anxiety really bad. Once I learned how to deal with it, my likes and dislikes totally changed. Now I canâ€™t stop buying things in really bright colors.
6. I couldnâ€™t afford to put in granite counter tops in the house we bought and they were so bad! So, I painted them with chalk board paint. FYI — they look pretty awesome.
7. Iâ€™m a super-fast reader. About 100 pages an hour.
8. I come across as an extrovert because Iâ€™m a performer, but Iâ€™m a TOTAL introvert.
9. When my kids ask me â€œwhyâ€ I sing the theme song I made up about how Iâ€™m the meanest mom in America. Works like a charm
10. I have an auto immune disease called, Ankylosing Spondylitis. Itâ€™s a mouthful and a pain in my butt. But we all work through hard things, this just happens to be mine.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event pageÂ