The Holistic Gut PrescriptionÂ is designed to be a simple guide to healing the gut, based on the following premise: if people give the body what it needs to heal itself and remove the obstacles to its cure, then within reason, healing will follow.Â
Nature Cure is not easy to employ, but it is usually easy to understand. There are only so many building blocks, and there are only so many possible obstacles to cure. The physicianâ€™s job is not to â€œmake someone well,â€ but rather to facilitate the process of healing.Â
In this guide, Dr. Lauren helps readers recognize which obstacles to a healthy gut they face, how to remove them, and how to supply the specific building blocks they lack so that they can create their own personal path to optimal digestive wellness.
â€œThe Holistic Gut Prescription is the most thorough guide to intestinal wellness Iâ€™ve seen to date. Readers can learn detailed programs to reverse leaky gut, chronic infections, candida and chronic inflammation. The book also gives deep perspective on how multifaceted the connections between gut health, lifestyle, and mindset are. Highly recommended.â€ â€”Alan Christianson, NMD, New York Times bestselling author of The Adrenal Reset Diet
Dr. Lauren Deville is board-certified to practice medicine in the State of Arizona. She received her NMD from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ, and she holds a BS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics from the University of Arizona, with minors in Spanish and Creative Writing.Â
She also loves yoga, piano, and good audiobooks. She writes fiction under a pen name in her spare time.
- Given unlimited resources, what would be your ideal work/writing environment?Writing in an upstairs room overlooking a private beach with the windows open.
- Where do you actually work/write?On my couch or on my porch. 🙂
- Describe yourself in 50 words or less.Iâ€™m a naturopathic doctor who loves Jesus and is passionate about finding the root cause of illness, and helping others feel healthy enough to live the life they want to live.
- What inspired your book?I didnâ€™t see any other books on the market like it, at least not that specifically addressed the gut.
- How do you spend your free time?I love spending time with friends and family, working out (yoga and running), watching movies (my husband and I have an occasionally contentious movie blog: (estsidehecklers.wordpress.com), reading fiction or nonfiction, studying the Bible, having coffee or a glass of wine after a long dayâ€¦ and I donâ€™t get to do this nearly as often as Iâ€™d like, but I love to travel! We go on 1-3 big trips per year, which is pretty awesome.
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?Start a business (my medical practice)! Was never on my list of goals.
- What is your favorite part of writing?I love the editing processâ€¦ once the words are already on the page, I can massage them into something Iâ€™m proud of.
- 8. Do you have any advice for other writers?Writing is a discipline, like anything else. You might also think of it as a marathon, rather than a quick sprintâ€¦ so you have to pace yourself. Create a routine–whatever works for you–and stick to it.